How To File A Voter Complaint In New Mexico
Need to file a voter complaint in New Mexico? Most common voter complaints fall under the New Mexico Secretary of State’s authority.
The Secretary of State investigates complaints related to the following portions of state and federal law:
- Election Code and Campaign Practices (Chapter 1 NMSA)
- Lobbyist Regulation Act (Chapter 2, Article 11 NMSA)
- Municipal Election Code (Chapter 3, Articles 8 and 9 NMSA)
- School District Elections (Chapter 22, Article 6 and 7, NMSA)
- Governmental Conduct Act (Chapter 10, Article 16 NMSA)
- Financial Disclosure Act (Chapter 10, Article 16A NMSA)
- Public Law 107-252, The Help America Vote Act of 2002 (“HAVA”)
Complaints related to the Campaign Reporting Act and the School District Campaign Reporting Act must be filed between eight and 90 days following the election. To file a complaint, just use this form, and either drop it off at the SOS office or email it to them. The office prefers email, incidentally.
Be sure to include the following:
- Your name, address, and a working telephone number and/or a valid e-mail address
- Signature (either electronic or original)
- The date you signed the form
- The name of the person you are complaining about and their address, phone number or email
- A specific description of the allegations
- Evidence supporting the allegations
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR REAL ESTATE IN NORTHERN NEW MEXICO?
If you’re interested in moving to or within Northern New Mexico, contact Coldwell Banker Headin’ Home Realty for all the best listings and most up-to-date information. We are your Angel Fire area experts. Our talented, helpful real estate agents in Angel Fire specialize in residential homes, commercial buildings, condos, vacant lots, and ski properties. We’d love to help you find property with ski in ski out access in the Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Red River, Mora, Colfax County, Taos, and the Taos Ski Valley areas.
Reach us by telephone at 1-575-377-1192 or by email. Check out our online listings from the comfort of your home. View virtual tours of Angel Fire real estate. You can also just swing in and see us! We are located right in the heart of Angel Fire, in the Mountain View Mall next to Lowes Grocery Store.
Don’t forget to find us on Facebook for the latest information on Angel Fire property listings! So, whether you are looking for ski property, land, or a mountain home, we are eager to help make your dream come true!
1 Responses to “How To File A Voter Complaint In New Mexico”